Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Biking fail and other embarrassing moments

So Tuesday, I decided to do my ride outdoors since its been rather cooler than usual.  I got out my bike, aired up the tires, put on my helmet, gloves, heart rate monitor, and shoes, loaded up the water bottles, walked my bike to the front door and...

The front tire was flat again...bad tube.  I was so limited on time and my expertise in changing tubes is terrible that I just gave up and went to the gym to ride the spin bikes (not quite the same but as close as I was going to get).  My perfect husband always changes my tubes for me, so I'm no pro.  I better learn seeing as how I might blow a tire 100 miles into the Ironman and I need the skills to save myself.  So...Jeff you better teach me again (so I can forget again).

Another amusing incident in training thus far...went to the gym in Austin for a bike/run while on a trip.  Ran about 2 miles before my bike, then went into the spin room where there are copious mirrors.  I noticed a spot on the back of my capris and reached back to see what it was...it was a hole!  My pink panties were peeking out of my black pants!

What could I do, I didn't have a different pair of pants and I wasn't about to give up the workout, so I went ahead and rod.e  I'm sure the guy on the bike behind me was laughing all the time.  I actually took a picture of it when I got back to the hotel, but I'll spare you that!

1 comment: